Coronavirus (COVID-19): Oakwood’s Commitment to our Guests and Associates
We want to assure you that we are placing the utmost importance on the health and safety of our guests and associates around the world. We are closely monitoring the evolving situation surrounding the global spread and impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Oakwood continues to follow protocols from the World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and local authorities, to ensure that every precautionary measure is taken to minimize the spread of the coronavirus.
Our Commitment to Your Well-Being, Health and Safety
We take the standards of cleanliness at all Oakwood properties very seriously. In response to the coronavirus, we have taken additional measures to ensure that the cleaning protocols at our properties are even more rigorous, in compliance with the guidelines of global, national, and local public health authorities:
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfection across all properties, especially in public areas with high traffic, including lobbies, elevators, door handles and public restrooms.
- Washing all linens at high temperatures.
- Training housekeeping and property staff on specific protocols and preventive measures.
- Postponing resident events to be mindful of social distancing.
- Encouraging guests and residents to conduct interactions, such as paying rent or requesting maintenance assistance, through the resident portal. This portal can be accessed via phone, tablet or computer.
- Closing common areas including gyms and pool areas, and suspending buffets and some food and beverage service at select properties.
- Working with our supply chain providers to follow the recommendations noted above.
- Ensuring that our associates are strictly observing all standard operating procedures as required.
Our Cancellation Policy
With the ongoing and increased uncertainty around the COVID-19 situation, we recognize and are committed to ensuring that our guests and customers enjoy flexibility during these times. With that in mind, we have implemented the following at all Oakwood branded properties:
- Waiver of change or cancellation fee for existing short-stay reservations of less than 30 nights, scheduled for arrival before May 31, 2020. This can be done up to 24 hours before scheduled arrival.
- For new short-stay reservations of less than 30 nights, made between now and May 31, 2020 for any future arrival date, a change or cancellation can be made at no charge up to 24 hours prior to scheduled arrival.
- In regions affected by government-issued travel restrictions, Oakwood will continue to waive change or cancellation fee or offer full refunds.
- For long-stay reservations of 30 nights and more, scheduled for arrival before May 31, 2020, guests will have the option to rebook by December 31, 2020.
- For early termination of lease for existing in-house guests, applicable for both individual and corporate lease, a credit for the remainder of unutilized nights will be extended for use by December 31, 2020.
- For group or intern reservations contact your Account Executive or Sales Director, for U.S. customer service you may also contact us at +1.800.888.0808.
For our vast supply chain network, it is difficult for us to confirm a consistent policy on cancellations and amendments for clients who are no longer able to travel. We are working with our partners to minimize cancellation terms, and handling on a case-by-case basis. Please contact your Account Executive or Sales Director, for U.S. customer service you may also contact us at +1.800.888.0808.
Our team is always on standby to provide round-the-clock assistance to our properties and guests, and are prepared to provide swift support and guidance should we be alerted to a case of coronavirus at one of our properties.
We are committed to remain vigilant, to safeguard the interests of our guests and associates. Thank you for the continued trust and support you have in Oakwood, and we look forward to welcoming you at one of our properties soon.
Updated: March 20, 2020